Thursday, May 27, 2021

My artistic vision for the composition of the abstract pieces of May 27, 2021

New sound aspect for my electroacoustic compositions from NANO XIII (by Il-Woong SEO):

I have previously composed 12 pieces of electroacoustic compositions in a series entitled NANO. The first piece was composed in 2014. The musical aspect is inspired by "glitch music", with a lot of editing of the audio files then revisiting the micro-montage of acousmatic music.

I also liked to take a little bit of the sound. Because I always thought that the tip of an object in an image carries a feeling of being full, almost explosive: more like a thread is in tension. I liked playing the instrument with maximum energy. I found an interconnection between these things.

In addition, the sound objects created by intense editing of audio files are naturally abstract. The abstraction I was looking for happens automatically.

On the other hand, there is an evolution of listening after having made 12 totally abstract pieces. It is that when the piece has no concrete sound, the hearing could ultimately be hell and the timbre could be monotonous, even if the succession with micro bits of sound has its very obvious effect.

From my composition NANO XIII, I intend to adapt more concrete sounds so that the hearing of my compositions takes place in a pleasure of listening but not in an intellectual research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 1 of my new contemporary classical piece

Day 1 of my new contemporary classical piece. Working by layering is the key💡 #composition #contemporaryclassical #musiquecontemporaine #co...