Saturday, April 18, 2020

This morning, someone tried to hack my Facebook account via an email which disguised itself as a security email from Facebook

I received this morning an email from Facebook, seen, the sender was Facebook because he had an address @ facebookmail.com which has a link to www.facebook.com. They alerted me that someone asked for the password change and wanted to know if it was done by me or not. ON the other hand, this email was sent to my gmail account which has no link with my Facebook account. So, from the start, I expected it to be a scam, and finally it was a scam.

In the email, there was a link to tell them that I had not requested it. I clicked the link to see. There were several stages. And at the end, they asked me if I wanted to change the password or not. I went on to see which account it is because my gmail which received this email has no connection with Facebook. Then I had to choose a Facebook account for which I wanted to make the change. It was just my current account with my current profile photo. So, I did not continue.

So the person who sent me the phishing email should know the address of my gmail account and my Facebook account. For this attempt, I think the person calculated that I was going to report when I received an alert from Facebook for an attempt to change the password that I did not do, and that person tried to provoque me to change my password VIA the link in the mail which is very very harmful.

Lately, this kind of attempt to block my accounts has been a third time. First, on my blogs, then my websites, and today, my Facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 1 of my new contemporary classical piece

Day 1 of my new contemporary classical piece. Working by layering is the key💡 #composition #contemporaryclassical #musiquecontemporaine #co...